For dates when we are there please send a message via our contact form; you’re welcome to visit. We can set up group visits for schools, societies and corporate volunteering days. If you would like to express interest, please send a message via the contact page.
Would you like fresh fruit from April to November, including cherries, figs and medlar? We offer a training course in fruit growing and permaculture. The workshops cover how to look after apple trees: grafting, pruning, thinning apples and their storage; also other top fruit (plums, pears, quince, etc.), raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, perennial vegetables and more.
For anyone who would like help growing fruit and veg, and would like to learn from experience at KPR, to express interest in a future course please send a message via the contact page.
Topics to be covered may include:
- How to grow your own apples: propagating apple rootstock, grafting; selecting apple varieties, summer and winter pruning, thinning the crop
- Other top fruit: plums, quince, medlar, cherries, chestnuts, almonds, hazelnuts/cobnuts, pears
- How to grow your own berries: white, red, perpetual strawberries; gooseberries, mulberries, currants, blueberries, raspberries
- Introduction to permaculture: studying and amending the plot (drainage, rainwater harvesting, windbreaks), improving the soil: compost or not, green manure, chop and drop, diy wood chip, ground cover
- Planting seeds, planning, growing, hardening off, planting out
- Perennial veg: asparagus, rhubarb, self-seeding spinach, potatoes?, guilds, bamboo
- Chickens, ducks etc. (briefly)
- Propagating: hardwood cuttings, division, strawberry runners
- Seed saving
- Harvesting and storage
- DIY polytunnel design and construction